Register an event
The History Festival is happening again in 2018 and it's now time to register your events.
Already have an account?
If you have an existing account from previous years log in here to start registering your 2018 event.
First time users
- Create an account. The details you enter on this page will not be made public.
- Check your email. You will be sent an email with a link to activate your account and set a password.
- Once your new password is saved, click 'create an event' and begin filling in your event details.
How to return and edit a saved event
- Go to the my events page.
- Refer to the list of any saved and submitted events.
- Click edit to continue your registration.
Earlybird registrations close Friday 2 February
Registrations close Tuesday 13 February
Event registration fees 2018
|Volunteer run organisations (no paid staff)||Organisations with paid staff, businesses|
|Each additional event||Earlybird: $8 per event|
Standard: $12 per event
|Earlybird: $12 per event|
Standard: $15 per event
|Add an image to your printed program listing^*||$120||$150|
Your registration fee covers:
- An event listing in 200,000+ copies of the printed program: distributed as an insert in The Advertiser on Saturday 7 April and to libraries, visitor centres, councils and other participating outlets throughout South Australia.
- A listing on the History Festival website, including up to four images (almost 43,000 visits in 2017).
- Your own copies of the program to distribute, as well as A3 festival posters and A2 event signage.
- Access to marketing resources such as poster and media release templates, and help sheets.
- Advice and support including information sessions and workshops.
- The History Trust promotes the Festival overall through the program, website, app, social media as well as through traditional media.
Open Doors: Built Heritage Weekend
To mark the 15th anniversary of the History Festival, we are planning a special weekend focusing on our buildings and architectural history to open the Festival on 28 & 29 April. If you are planning an event with a built heritage focus, we encourage you to consider holding it during the opening weekend (although built heritage events are welcome any time during the festival).
To be part of Open Doors, events must include a form of activity that helps visitors learn something about the building or place. This may include things like: tours, talks, children’s activities, displays or handouts.
Registering an event for Open Doors is no different to ordinary event registration. These events will be listed in the front pages of the printed program as well as in the regional listing and on a dedicated page on the website.
Each year, we aim to group events into themed programs to make it easier for audiences to find events that interest them.
In 2018, the History Festival program will feature:
- Built heritage (see above)
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander history
- Family friendly events
- LGBTIQ history
- Migration history
Additional themed programs will be selected for the print and/or online version of the program depending on registrations received.
Friday 2 February - Earlybird registrations close (5pm)
Tuesday 13 February - All registrations close (5pm)
By Wednesday 21 February - Event proofs sent to organisers
Thursday 1 March - Last day for organisers to sign off on proofs
Wednesday 7 March - Marketing workshop
Saturday 7 April - Program released in The Advertiser. Website live, bookings open.
Thursday 19 April - Rundle Mall launch (TBC)
28 & 29 April - Open Doors: Built Heritage Weekend
Sunday 29 April - Regional launch, Yankalilla
May - South Australia's History Festival