Mandi Dimitriadis, Director of Learning, Makers Empire
Mandi Dimitriadis is the Director of Learning at Makers Empire, a local company that helps students and teachers learn through 3D technologies. She is an experienced educator who loves history and previously worked as the education officer at the South Australian Maritime Museum. Mandi is passionate about engaging learners of all ages to think, wonder, question and be curious about the world around them. She enjoys using new and emerging technologies as learning tools and is particularly excited about bringing the past to life using innovative technologies.
- A Day with Jane, performance at Ayers House - Because Ayers House has always been special to me, as it is where I got married nearly 25 years ago. It seems so fitting to bring the romance of Jane Austen to life in such an elegant setting.
- Take a Walk in Our Shoes, exhibition at Barlow's Shoes - Because one can not have too many shoes, or stories about shoes.
- Augmented Reality: Campbelltown links Wall-Hanging, Digital History at the Campbelltown Public Library - Because I am excited about the use of technology to tell old stories.
- HMAS Whyalla WWII Ship Tour and Maritime Museum - Because I grew up in Whyalla and witnessed the launch of the last ship to be built in the shipyards, the Iron Curtis in 1978.
- Steam and Station: Cruise with ST Yelta and Breach Quarantine, South Australian Maritime Museum