The Changing Face of Ardrossan
Situated on top of imposing red cliffs, Ardrossan is a popular summer destination. Even in 1909, people flocked here on the SS Kooringa which offered return trips from Adelaide twice weekly. Established in 1873, Ardrossan had 101 residents by 1881 who lived in the 18 houses in the town. By 1885 it had a post office, two hotels (the Ardrossan and the Royal), two churches, a public school and an institute. What remains of what those people saw then? How has it changed? We will endeavour to trace the changes time has made on some of those original buildings.
Bookings required for groups only
- Wheelchair access