Pop-Up Exhibition of Ferry Radios & Reel to Reel Recorders
A pop-up display of Ferry reel-to-reel recorders (some with in-built radios) designed and manufactured by hand in a garage factory in Clapham during the 1950s and a collection of Philips, Mullard, Kriesler and Astor Radios from the 1950-60s, many of which were manufactured in Adelaide. The Ferry collection was gathered and refurbished by the late Neville Ellison, an employee of Ferry Sound Industries in the 1950s and held pride of place in his private museum in Cremorne Street, Malvern until Late 2018 and was open to the public during the 2016 and 2017 SA History Festivals.
Bookings not required
- Wheelchair access